Across Canada, we face a number of natural hazards, which can vary from region to region. Knowing what to do during an emergency is an important part of being prepared.
Find out more about the risks in your region and how to prepare.
The following steps should be taken in emergency situations.
1. Make sure you are safe before assisting others.
2. Follow your emergency plan.
3. Get your emergency kit.
4. Monitor radio, television and online for information from authorities. Follow their instructions.
5. Stay put until it is safe or you are ordered to evacuate.
6. Limit phone calls to urgent messages only. Keep the lines free for emergency responders.